Monday 15 February 2016

Glass castle

                   A bottle and a Friend.

I am Seated at the bar counter, draining my sorrows out.
A bottle of whiskey and a half-empty glass in my hand.
James Bay, let it go, playing in the background.

As the sour taste turns sweet.
And the effect of high alcohol volume kicks in.

I hear a voice from behind.
"Do you love her?"

pulling a bar stool and getting comfortable beside me.

After a moment of silence.

"you haven't answered me'',

''Naah Am just thinking about business''

A sadness in my voice betrayed my words.

''I don't know man, but she's all I think about'''.

'' how can you not know if she's all you think about''
He asks curiously.

''It Depends on what I think about her I guess,'' I reply.

If she came and stood right in front of you, what would be your reaction?

I turn and look around to confirm her absence after hearing those words.

I order another bottle probably to buy time and think about what he just asked.

"why don't you join in, here have a drink," passing him a glass and pouring him some whiskey.

'"what about her do you think about.'' looking at me.

'' Yeah sure'' with my head down and my hands on my face.
''But........

No comments:

Post a Comment