Sunday, 17 January 2016

DeJa vu.

                         Late Night Visit.
In the middle of the night, I woke up, stretched my hand out to feel her. Felt something cold. Thought I was dreaming but she wasn't in bed. Could tell she was out for long.

Woke up and decided to wait for her, Thirty minutes passed, no signs of her, all lights in the house were off. Decided to get out of bed and find out what was happening. Walking down the stairway, I noticed the front door was wide open.

Outside, I saw my brother's car parked in the driveway. Two shadows were holding each other; one was lying on the others chest. For a moment, I thought I was dreaming. Tried moving forward, my body was frozen.

Do I go back to the house? Or should I check what was happening?.
I remembered the previous day. My wife called my secretary earlier that day who alerted her I had gone to pick up my mum. She called her Friend from my neighborhood to help her with the cooking.
Since there was no time, she came hurriedly wearing her husband's shoes.

She had decided to surprise me by preparing my favorite dish. For my mum's visit. I remembered her walking down the stairs with a smile on her face.
I almost asked her who she left in the bedroom.
Ain't sure if it's my mum presence that stopped me. Or her warm, inviting smile.
The only picture in mind was her's and the friend I call my brother.
I felt so ashamed when I saw his wife walk out of the kitchen...